Employment-Based Immigration, Work Visa Lawyer | Arvian Law Firm
our immigration services

Employment-based immigration

Employment-based immigration facilitates opportunities for U.S. employers to secure sponsorship for qualified foreign workers. Our firm provides comprehensive visa services for all employment-based categories, from obtaining work visas to securing permanent residency

What is Employment-Based Immigration?

If you’re an employer looking to hire foreign workers in the United States, it’s essential that you utilize a labor certification lawyer or attorney. This specialized professional will assist and provide guidance through the PERM (otherwise known as “green card”) labor certification process required by the US Department of Labor. The lengthy but necessary procedure requires extensive paperwork, forms, and deadlines; luckily these knowledgeable experts are here to help!

The goal of the labor certification process is to guarantee that there are no U.S.-based individuals eligible for the job being offered abroad. Employers must be able to prove their efforts in attempting to recruit American workers, as well as show evidence that hiring a foreign worker will not interfere with potential domestic employment opportunities.

How to get a labor certificate in the USA?

Obtaining a labor relations certificate or certification can be extremely advantageous for those seeking to pursue a career in the field of labor relations. This specialized program equips individuals with the skills necessary to effectively resolve disputes between employers and employees, allowing them to create successful working relationships that are beneficial for both parties.

Have you been searching for expert legal advice regarding the labor certification process or any other related topics? Look no further than work visa lawyers Arvian Law Firm, located in Los Angeles. Our dedicated team of attorneys specializes in such matters and is ready to answer any questions that you may have. Reach out today to ensure that your needs are taken care of!

If you’re an employer looking to hire foreign workers in the States, then obtaining labor certification is absolutely fundamental. A specialized lawyer or attorney who specializes in this area can guide you through every step of the process to ensure that no qualified American citizens are available for your job opening. Proactively seeking out a legal specialist versed in Foreign Labor Certification will increase your chances of success and prevent costly errors from occurring along the way.

The goal of the labor certification process is to safeguard American workers from being replaced by foreign laborers. Employers must show that they have made a sincere attempt at recruiting U.S. citizens and prove that there are no qualified domestic candidates available for the job before bringing in a foreigner to fill it.

How to hire a foreign worker in the USA?

For a foreign worker to gain labor certification, the employer must submit an application to the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) which includes pertinent details regarding the job offer, candidate in consideration, and steps taken by employers toward sourcing American talent for that role.

After the Department of Labor examines the labor certification application, they will decide if the employer has attempted to hire an American worker in good faith. If not, then sadly their request for a labor certificate can be denied.

Subsequent to the labor certification application being approved, employers can then file a petition for permanent residence with USCIS. This green card application must include the previously authorized labor certification as part of its documents package.

In addition to the labor certification process, employers and employees should also be aware of other certifications which may benefit them. For instance, a Labor Relations Certificate or Certification is perfect for individuals who are experts in resolving conflicts between workers and their employers while ensuring adherence to all relevant regulations. With this program, those specializing in labor relations can help ensure that disputes between employer-employee relationships are resolved quickly and fairly.

Assistance of the work visa lawyer

If you’re seeking legal aid with the labor certification process or any related matters, Arvian Law Firm in Los Angeles may be able to help. With years of experience and a team of knowledgeable attorneys, they are well-equipped to provide the advice and assistance needed for successful foreign labor certification applications. Don’t hesitate to reach out today if you need further information or would like more details on how Arvian Law Firm can assist you!

It is essential to comprehend that the foreign labor certification procedure can be complicated and might necessitate enlisting a lawyer or attorney with specialized knowledge in this area. A knowledgeable legal professional will guarantee the process goes smoothly, expediently, and accurately, as well as provide guidance through any possible legal issues you may face throughout the course of it.

Ultimately, the foreign labor certification process is a critical step for employers interested in bringing aboard foreign workers to their U.S. workforce. Not only does it preserve the rights of domestic employees by avoiding potential displacement, but can make certain that all job opportunities are being made available equally across our nation’s borders. Get help and advice from Arvian Law Firm if you need assistance with this important procedure – they specialize in providing legal counsel on these matters so don’t hesitate to reach out!


Acquiring a green card through employment in the United States requires a comprehensive process that necessitates sponsorship from a U.S. company. Below are the general stages to be followed:

  1. work Offer and Labor Certification: Secure a work offer from a U.S. employer who is prepared to sponsor your green card. In most situations, the employer must first seek a labor certification from the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) to demonstrate the unavailability of competent U.S. workers for the position.
  2. immigration Petition: Once the labor certification is obtained, the employer can file an immigration petition on your behalf. The specific form varies on the employment-based category:

– EB-1: For individuals with great talent, renowned professors or researchers, or international CEOs or managers.

– EB-2: For persons with advanced degrees or extraordinary skill in their field.

– EB-3: For professionals, skilled workers, and other workers with at least two years of experience.

– EB-4: For unique immigrant categories, including religious workers, broadcasters, and some healthcare professionals.

– EB-5: For investors who meet stringent capital investment and employment development standards.

  1. Priority Date: Your priority date is established based on the filing date of the immigrant petition. The availability of immigrant visas relies on the category and your nation of chargeability. You can check the monthly Visa Bulletin released by the U.S. Department of State to track visa availability developments.
  2. Adjustment of Status or Consular Processing: If you are currently in the United States and your priority date is current with an available visa, you can apply for adjustment of status by submitting Form I-485 to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). If you are outside the United States or opt for consular processing, the National Visa Center (NVC) will offer instructions, and you will attend an immigrant visa interview at the U.S. embassy or consulate in your home country.
  3. Background Checks and Medical Examination: During the process, you will undertake background checks done by various U.S. government agencies. Additionally, you must have a medical examination performed by an authorized physician to confirm you meet the health standards.
  4. Green Card Approval: If your application is granted, you will receive an employment-based green card, providing you lawful permanent residency in the United States.

It’s vital to remember that the process and requirements may differ depending on the specific employment-based category and individual circumstances. It is advisable to speak with an expert immigration attorney to ensure a smooth and successful application procedure for an employment-based green card in the United States.

The period for receiving an employment-based green card in the United States might vary substantially due to several variables. These include the precise employment-based category, the applicant’s nation of chargeability, and the individual circumstances of each case. Below are some generic timelines:

Labor Certification: Securing a labor certification from the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) can take anywhere from several months to over a year. The complexity of the case and the backlog of applications at the DOL can effect the processing time.

Immigrant Petition: Once the labor certification is approved, the employer submits the immigrant petition on behalf of the employee. The processing duration for the petition varies from a few months to more than a year. It depends on the employment-based category and the workload of the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).

Priority Date and Visa Availability: The priority date is decided by the filing date of the immigrant petition. The availability of immigrant visas depends on the category and the applicant’s country of chargeability. The monthly Visa Bulletin produced by the U.S. Department of State offers updates on visa availability. It is crucial to watch this bulletin to track when the priority date becomes current.

Adjustment of Status or Consular Processing: If the priority date is current and a visa is available, the applicant can proceed with either adjustment of status or consular processing. Adjustment of status within the United States normally takes many months, involving background investigations and an interview with the USCIS. Consular processing outside the United States can also take several months, involving visa processing and an interview at the U.S. embassy or consulate.

Overall, the total process of acquiring an employment-based green card might range from few months to many years. Delays might arise owing to backlogs, policy changes, or other circumstances. It is vital to note that processing periods might change, and it is recommended to periodically check the USCIS website and speak with an immigration attorney for the most recent information and counsel.

In the United States, there are many sorts of employment-based visas specifically created for distinct categories of foreign employees and their employers. Here are some regularly utilized employment-based visas:

H-1B Visa: This visa is meant for specialty employment that require a bachelor’s degree or higher in a specified subject. It is extensively applied by professionals in sectors such as IT, engineering, finance, and healthcare.

L-1 Visa: The L-1 visa is for intracompany transferees, allowing multinational organizations to transfer staff from foreign offices to their U.S. offices. It consists of two subcategories:

L-1A: For executives or managers.

L-1B: For personnel with particular knowledge.

O Visa: The O visa is granted to persons with remarkable skill in sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics. It is also offered to those who have earned national or worldwide renown in their particular disciplines.

E Visa: The E visa category includes:

E-1 Visa: For treaty traders engaged in considerable international trade between the U.S. and their native country.
E-2 Visa: For treaty investors who make a large investment in a U.S. business.

TN Visa: The TN visa is established for citizens of Canada and Mexico under the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) and is eligible for specific professional jobs.

EB-1 Visa: The EB-1 visa is an immigration visa category for individuals with extraordinary talent, outstanding professors or researchers, and multinational executives or managers.

EB-2 Visa: This immigrant visa category is for professionals with advanced degrees or persons with extraordinary competence in their area.

EB-3 Visa: The EB-3 visa is for professionals, skilled workers, and other individuals with at least two years of experience in roles that cannot be filled by U.S. workers.

EB-5 Visa: The EB-5 visa is an immigrant visa for foreign investors who make a large capital investment in a new commercial venture that creates jobs in the U.S.

These are just a few examples of the employment-based visas available in the United States. Each visa category has particular eligibility criteria, restrictions, and application processes. It is crucial to speak with an immigration attorney or refer to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) website for detailed information and assistance regarding the exact visa category that may be appropriate for your circumstances.


Free consultation

If you are located in the US, please feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns you may have. We look forward to helping you.