Naturalization denial, what to do? - Arvian Immigration Law Firm
Visa USA

Naturalization denial, what to do?

Got a denial of naturalization, what to do next?

Filed Form N-400 (Application for Naturalization) and got denied, how to proceed and what to do? Form N-400 itself is quite complex and needs to be filled out very carefully. People, out of inexperience and ignorance, make mistakes, so getting refusals is not so uncommon.

What to do if you got a denial, here are some of the options:
You can appeal the denial of your naturalization using Form N-336, Request for a Hearing on a Decision in Naturalization Proceedings;
Alternatively, you can file a new application for naturalization (if you made mistakes when completing it the first time);
You can file a motion to reopen;
You can file a motion to reconsider.

Form N-336 can be filed either online or on paper, with a $700 filing fee. Please note that you can only appeal a denial of naturalization within 1 month of receiving the notice that your Form N-400 was denied.
Naturalization is the process by which U.S. citizenship is granted to a lawful permanent resident (LPR). Lawful Permanent Residents are Green Card holders.

Citizenship can be obtained in the following ways:
– Being an LPR (lawful permanent resident) for at least 5 years;
– Marriage to a U.S. citizen;
– Service in the U.S. military;
– Being a child of a U.S. citizen.

If your naturalization application has been denied and you would like to discuss your options, you can schedule a free consultation with us. To make an appointment, write to us in Direct.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *