Declaring Cash When Entering the USA - All You Need to Know - Arvian Immigration Law Firm

+1 (213) 839 0095

Visa application USA

Declaring Cash When Entering the USA – All You Need to Know

Many people are afraid to declare cash and make mistakes due to a lack of understanding of the process.

When entering the United States, you must declare all cash, traveler’s checks, and other negotiable instruments exceeding $10,000. You can do this by filling out FinCEN Form 105. The form must be submitted to a US Customs and Border Protection (CBP) officer before you pass through passport control.

If you do not declare cash, you may be fined up to $5,000 or sentenced to 5 years in prison. You may also lose the right to enter the US.

To complete FinCEN Form 105, you will need:

– Your full name;
– Date of birth;
– Citizenship;
– Purpose of your visit to the US;
– Amount of cash or monetary instruments you are carrying;
– Origin country of the cash or monetary instruments;
– Destination country of the cash or monetary instruments;
– Intended purpose of the cash or monetary instruments.

After you complete the form, the CBP officer will check your documents and cash. If everything is in order, you will be allowed to pass through passport control.

When crossing the US border and declaring money:

– Be honest with the CBP officer;
– Have all required documents ready;
– Be prepared to answer the officer’s questions;
– Do not attempt to conceal cash.

If you have any questions about declaring cash when entering the US, you can ask a CBP officer.

You do not need to declare money in your bank account.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *